Bus Accident Attorney Baton Rouge
Because buses are much larger than passenger vehicles and have more mass, bus accident injuries are usually more significant and severe. This results in expensive medical bills that may be highly complicated to pursue compensation for. Bus accidents also often involve multiple parties who are responsible for the accident. If the accident involved a government entity, such as a city bus, that can complicate the claim.
Working with the experienced personal injury lawyers at Murray & Murray LLC can help you get the compensation you deserve. Murray & Murray LLC wants you to focus on your healing while we handle your bus accident case from start to finish. We are with you every step of the way and make communication our priority. Our bus accident lawyers have significant experience representing clients who have been injured in bus accidents and have fought some of the nation’s largest bus companies.
Bus Accident Attorney in Baton Rouge
A bus accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve from the party responsible for your accident. The two most common types of compensation are economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate the victim for pecuniary losses from medical expenses, replacements services, loss of employment, or loss of business and burial costs in the event of the bus accident leading to death.
Non-economic damages compensate victims for the emotional distress and physical suffering they have endured due to the bus accident. If the accident left you permanently disfigured, paralyzed, unable to continue doing things that you find fulfilling, or has left you with significant psychological challenges, then your bus accident lawyer will fight for you to receive this type of compensation for your pain and anguish.
During your free consultation at Murray and Murray LLC, we will review your case based on the information you provide us, such as your narrative of what happened, the police report, any video or photos you captured at the scene of the accident, and medical records. We then advise you on your next steps based on Louisiana law.
Common Causes or Factors That Lead to Dangerous Bus Riding Conditions
Bus drivers have an important responsibility to keep their passengers safe and maintain the bus at all times. Bus drivers are supposed to report any issues with the bus to the appropriate party so that they can be fixed before passengers are injured. However, bus accidents still happen due to negligence. Some of the most common reasons why bus accidents occur include:
Distracted driving is dangerous and one of the top causes of all types of motor vehicle accidents. When drivers are looking at their cell phones rather than the roadway, they put themselves and others at risk of a deadly crash. When a bus or passenger vehicle driver is looking down at their phone, they may fail to notice changes on the road, stalled vehicles, emergency flashers, or other signs that road conditions have changed.
Bus accident injuries can also occur when they are not maintained and hazards have not been fixed. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident on a bus or injured due to broken components, then contact a bus accident lawyer at Murray & Murray today.
Weather conditions can make roads slippery and much more dangerous to drive on. Because of the vehicle’s mass, it is often much more challenging to maneuver a bus on slick roads, making these types of accidents more severe. Bus drivers are trained on how to respond to changes in weather conditions and the proper precautions to reduce the chances of a crash.
Liability in Bus Accident Cases
Establishing liability is one of the most important jobs that your attorney has to do to succeed in your bus accident case.
- The bus driver: A driver or bus company may be held liable for injuries suffered by a passenger due to the willful acts or negligence caused by one of their employees who could have prevented or stopped a bus accident before it happened.
- The bus manufacturer: A design flaw or a malfunctioning part on a bus can cause serious injuries. An investigation into the cause of the crash may reveal that a brake needed maintenance, for example, or that a broken component had been ignored on a log for days or weeks before it led to a preventable bus accident. Buses are supposed to be maintained by professionals who ensure that it is in safe condition to be on the road. If the designer or manufacturer of the truck is responsible for your injuries, then you can be sure that Murray & Murray will fight for you.
- Another passenger: Although other passengers can cause rare, bus accidents. Call now to speak to an attorney about the circumstances surrounding your bus accident injuries caused by another passenger.
- A government entity: Public transportation bus accidents are some of the most common types of accidents. These cases require an attorney who understands the legal complexities of establishing a government entity or public transit agency liable for causing a bus accident.
- Another driver: Bus accidents aren’t always caused by bus drivers. If another driver was negligent, under the influence, distracted, or reckless while operating their vehicle, they can be held responsible for causing the bus accident.
An investigation into the cause of the crash will reveal who was responsible. You can be sure that Murray and Murray LLC will fight hard for you to get justice.
How A Bus Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you or a family member has been injured in a bus accident, contact Murray and Murray LLC immediately. Our experienced bus accident attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve in Baton Rouge. Schedule your free consultation now, and we will review the facts of your case and advise you on your next steps. Murray & Murray LLC secures justice for victims and their families. Call now (225) 396 5143 or contact us at [email protected] to schedule your free consultation with a Baton Rouge bus accident lawyer.